EMPLOYMENT & LABOUR LEGAL SERVICES IN BANGLADESH
Leading Law Firm in Dhaka, Bangladesh
The employment & labour legal services in Bangladesh is an over going concern. Related laws are governed by the Bangladesh Labour Act 2006, Bangladesh Labour (Amendment) Act 2010 and Bangladesh Labour Rules 2015 for mostly all companies except the companies operating in the Economic Zones in Bangladesh as separate rules are mostly applicable. The relevant laws clearly specify the rights and duties of employees and employers. For example, every employer shall employ workers by giving appointment letter and identity card and maintain a service book for each employed worker, and our employment and labour legal services in Bangladesh help identify the compliance related issues. The minimum wages are fixed by the Minimum Wages Board and currently the Board has fixed the minimum wage rates for 41 industries. The rate is binding on all the concerned industries and any deviation or non-compliance shall result in penalties being imposed on the business in question. Further, every woman is entitled to statutory maternity leave and benefit from a period of 8 weeks before the expected day of her delivery and 8 weeks following the day of her delivery.
The Department of Inspection for Factories and Establishments (DIFE) is a department under the Ministry of Labour and Employment. This department is responsible for ensuring welfare, safety and health of valuable human resources working in various sectors contributing national development. By enforcing labour laws of the country, the department has been leading the nation in creating a safe and healthy work culture and improving the quality of wage earner. The DIFE is no longer considered a mere labour law enforcement agency, it provides information and advice to employers and workers concerning the most effective means of complying with the legal provisions.
Every establishment can have its own service rules regulating the employment of the workers but it shall not be contradicting to any provision of the labour laws and such service rules must get prior approval from the Chief Inspector.
Employment and Labour legal services in Bangladesh is one of the core practice areas of FM Associates while having the leading employment lawyers in Bangladesh. The firm has earned significant experiences while working in matters of Employment & Labour legal practices in Bangladesh and has also won a prestigious award namely "Best Employment and Labour Law Firm in Bangladesh". FM associates belives to be the one of the best and leading law office in Bangladesh when it is about Employment, Labour law and compliances in Bangladesh. The horizon of FM Associates’s Employment & Labour legal services in Bangladesh includes advising the multinational and local employers and employees in various employment law aspects including drafting HR Policy, drafting and implementation of all procedures with national and international requirements, giving a sample reflection of what best could be achieved. FM Associates has also been involved in litigation on employment disputes in the labor courts and alternative dispute resolution mechanisms. FMA regularly furnishes legal opinions on HP policy, employee code of conduct, hiring and firing issues, gratuity, provident fund, benevolent fund, discrimination at work, sexual harassment cases, vicarious liabilities etc. FMA also regularly advises on matters involving provident fund, gratuity, workers’ compensation, maternity benefits, workers’ entitlement to company’s profits etc.
Employment & Industrial Relationships | Employment and Labour Legal Services in Bangladesh
Appointment/Offer letters, Termination practices.
Employee Salary and Benefits/Stock Option Plan.
Employee Handbook/HR Policy.
Migration, Emigration/Work Permit of Employees.
Country specific employment relation.
Provident fund and gratuity.
Negotiation with the labor union/ employer or employees representatives.
Compliance with the regulatory authority (Office of Inspector General of the Department of Factories and Establishment).
We have worked for several leading companies and NGOs having their presence in Bangladesh as the need of an employment and labour legal services in Bangladesh is eminent. Few description of our clients and scope of works are briefed below:
- Advised a non-governmental organization which is the largest non-governmental development organization in the world, regarding formulation of employee handbook, HR policy and labour compliances based in Bangladesh and 12 other countries.
- Regularly advising on employment law to a French multinational company operating in the worldwide rail transport markets, active in the fields of passenger transportation, signalling and locomotives, with products including the AGV, TGV, Eurostar, and Pendolino high-speed trains, in addition to suburban, regional metro trains, Citadis trams and power sector.
- Advised on employment law for a prominent American Jeans and Casual wear manufacturer and producer.
- Advised on various aspect of employment law such as labour compliance, termination, migration of employees, etc, to a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources, also seek our advice on a regular basis.
- Provided employment law advice to a Spanish company specialising in energy, construction and concession of large infrastructure projects throughout the world.
- Worked on various aspects on employment law from appointment to termination for an international chain of retail clothing stores with headquarters in Germany.
- Representing one of the largest paint company & manufacturer, in the various hierarchies of Labour Courts and advised on various perspectives of employment and labour laws on a retainer basis.
- Regularly providing legal advice on various aspects of Employment law to an American multinational technology company headquartered in San Jose, California, that designs, manufactures and sells networking equipment. It is considered to be the biggest networking company in the world.
- Provided legal advice on appointment, termination, Provident Fund, Gratuity Fund, Provident Fund administration, Provident Fund Registration for a Global Logistics Company having its headquarter in Singapore, which offers sophisticated logistical solutions backed by the world's largest global logistics network, also seek our advice.
- Prepared all employment-related documents and tax advices on employee salary deductions for a major technology, engineering, construction, manufacturing and financial services conglomerate, with global operations.
- Provided employment law related to the world's largest oilfield services company which employs approximately 95,000 people representing more than 140 nationalities working in more than 85 countries.
- Regularly advising on employment and other related laws to a major global Airline company which is covering over 200 destinations and headquartered in Europe.
- Advised several other international and local companies in similar matters.