How to Obtain Import Registration Certificate in Bangladesh
This is a guide explaining the step by step procedure as to how to obtain import registration certificates in Bangladesh along with the information about the list of documents required as well as the renewal procedure.
Firstly, let us understand what is Import Registration Certificates or IRC in Bangladesh. Import Registration Certificates or IRC is a certificate required to be obtained by any business establishments in order to Import any products in Bangladesh. Import Registration Certificate is mandatory for an entity or company in order to get permission for importing without any quality and value restriction. In Bangladesh, under the Ministry of Commerce, the office of the Controller of Imports and Exports (CCIE) is established. It is an individual organization and issues Import Certificate or IRC upon application. The Import Policy Order 2015-18 is the legal basis of Import Registration Certificate.
The Step by Step Procedure for Obtaining import Registration Certificate in Bangladesh
- Step 1 | Firstly, from the CCIE office or website the applicant is required to collect the IRC application form.
- Step 2 | Completely fill up the IRC application form
- Step 3 | Arrange the copies of the required documents.
- Step 4 | Submit the filled-in application form and required documents to the dispatch section of CCIE office.
- Step 5 | Then the registration fee and cost of passbook shall be deposited at the Sonali or Bangladesh Bank
- Step 6 | Next step is to collect 3 copies of Treasury Challan.
- Step 7 | After verifying the submitted documents, CCIE shall issue the Import Registration Certificates or IRC and the passbook to the applicant.
Required Documents for Obtaining Import Registration Certificate
- Attested Copy of original duly attested Trade License of the company.
- Valid Attested Copy of Chamber of Commerce Membership Certificate from relevant trade association.
- A VAT registration certificate.
- Attested Copy of Joint Registered Agreement.
- Attested Copy of Company Incorporation Certificate (if Limited Company).
- Attested Copy of Memorandum of Association and Articles of Associations.
- Original copy of Treasury Challan.
- Partnership Deed in case of Partnership business.
- Copy of Financial/Bank Solvency Certificate of the company.
- Tax Clearance Certificate (TIN) of previous year of the establishment.
- An Office Rent Agreement.
- Details regarding list of employees, their salary & nationality of the company.
- Passport size photographs of the Managing Director/Entrepreneur.
- Citizenship Certificate of the directors by the Word Commissioner.
- National ID card of Managing Director of the company.
- Passport Copy & Work permit is required if the director is a foreigner.
For facilitating the verification process, it is recommended to submit the original documents along with the photocopies. Once the verification is complete the original documents shall be returned. All documents shall be duly attested by a First Class gazetted officer or Notary Public or First-Class Magistrate.
Processing time for issuance of IRC is approximately 4-5 working days.
Procedure and Required Documents for Renewal of Import Registration Certificate
- Applicant arranges all the required documents for renewal.
- Annual renewal fee must be deposited at the Sonali or Bangladesh Bank
- Submission of expired IRC along with one copy of the Treasury Challan at the Bank.
- After verification, CCIE shall issue the renewed IRC Certificate.
IRC must be renewed every year and the following documents are required to be presented by the applicant:
- Original copy and two set photo copy of the IRC and Passbook
- A Renewal Application by the applicant
- Original copy and 2 set photocopies of the treasury challan of the annual renewal fee at the Sonali or Bangladesh Bank.
Processing time for IRC renewal is approximately 4-5 working days.
We, at FM Associates, Assists you to obtain Import Registration Certificates in Bangladesh
FM Associates (FMA), is a full-service corporate law firms, which aims to offer a comprehensive range of services to the clients rather than focusing on just one specific area of law. It is one of the largest and well reputed law firms in Bangladesh offering clients, legal advice that meets clients’ needs and expectations, which includes both domestic and International clients. FMA provides all range of services related to company Incorporating, such as- obtaining ERC, IRC, Name clearance, VAT, TIN, Trade License etc. FMA has legal experts who can assure smooth legal process and assist in obtaining Certificates or License needed for Company Incorporation.
In Order to obtain Import Registration Certificate, the services FMA can provide are as follows:
- FMA has an excellent and competent team who can proceed in obtaining IRC Certificate efficiently. The legal advisors of FMA can assist the clients through consultations and meetings and ask them to provide necessary documents-NID, Trade License, Incorporation certificate, photographs, MOA/AOA etc. in order to apply for IRC. Depending on the type of Company or Establishment documents are collected for application.
- Legal experts in FMA can prepare all the relevant drafting of documents, which are necessary to obtain IRC, which are then shared with the clients for execution. After the execution of documents by clients, it is then sent back to FMA along with the other required documents.
- FMA then completes the application by submitting the supporting documents to the concerned authority and liaise with them to obtain the certified copy of IRC.
- FMA, legal experts have good working relation with government offices; for example, BIDA and RJSC, which makes it easier to obtain any certificate.
- FMA also provides services of renewing the License, if it expires by taking necessary steps at the right time.