How to Obtain Tax Identification Number (TIN) Certificate in Bangladesh
In this guideline we shall describe the procedure as to how to obtain the TIN Certificate in Bangladesh along with the documents requirements.
Taxation is the primary source of income for the government of any country. Hence the Government provides a Tax Identification Number, also known as TIN which is an identification number issued to an individual or a company to track tax payments to the government. In Bangladesh The National Board of Revenue (NBR) is the only authority to provide TIN Certificate to the applicant. One can either obtain TIN Certificate in Bangladesh manually or electronically by applying to NBR.
The Step by Step Procedure to obtain E-TIN Certificate in Bangladesh:
- At First, Visit the Website https://secure.incometax.gov.bd/TINHome
- Create a User ID by proving necessary information’s in the Registration form
- In order to obtain a User ID and password to open an account, a phone number needs to be provided to the portal.
- A code is sent to the number and this code shall be used to obtain User ID/Password.
- Log-In with User ID/Password
- Fill in the TIN Registration form by providing relevant information of the applicant/Company
- Preview the submitted application.
- Obtain E-TIN Certificate.
Required Documents for TIN Certificates Manually in Bangladesh | Checklist
- A Copy of Trade License
- Company Incorporation Certificate
- Copy of Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association (If Company)
- A Bank/Financial Solvency Certificate (If Company or Proprietorship)
- Three copy of photograph of Owner (If Proprietorship)
- Three copy of photograph of Managing Director (If Company)
- Three copy of passport sized photograph (If Person)
- National ID/ Passport copy of Entrepreneur
The time frame for obtaining E-Tin certificate is only 1 day.
FM Associates Assists on obtaining E-TIN Certificates in Bangladesh
In Order to obtain E-TIN Certificate, the services FMA can provide are as follows:
- FMA has an excellent and competent team who can proceed in obtaining E-Tin Certificate efficiently. In order to apply for E-TIN, at first, it is required create an account on NBR website. The legal experts can start application procedure by creating an account on NBR online portal.
- In relation to an individual, FMA requires certain information’s and documents from the client before starting the online application process such as Address, phone number, NID/Passport Copy, Personal details etc. of the applicant.
- On the other hand, if it is a Company/Branch office, FMA, legal team assists in collecting required information’s such as MOA/AOA/Trade License/Incorporation Certificate, VAT etc. and then prepares for applying for E-TIN.
- FMA legal experts can assist in collecting and preparing the supporting documents.
- After submitting the application along with supporting documents, E-TIN Certificate is obtained, and it is then shared with the client.
FMA also provides services of renewing the License, if it expires by taking necessary steps at the right time.