Name: Abdul Matin Khasru, M.P
Former Minister, Ministry of Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs, Government of the Peoples Republic of Bangladesh (1996-2001).
Date of Issue- 09.08.2016,
Date of Expiry- 28.01.2019
- Date of Birth: 12 February, 1950, Bangladesh.
- Father`s Name: Late Alhaj Abdul Maleque.
- Mother`s Name:Alhaj Jahanara Begum.
- Permanent Address : Village: Mirpur, Post Office: Mokimpur, Upzilla, Brahmanpara, Dist, Comilla.
- Parliament Office: Chairman, Parliamentary Standing Committee on Estimates, Bangladesh Parliament.
- Phone : +8802-9853440, +8802-9857879
- Educational Qualifications: B. Com, LL.B.
- Profession: Regular practicing lawyer in the Supreme Court of Bangladesh.
- Political & social activities: Joined in the Bangladesh Chatra League in 1966 (Students front of Bangladesh Awami League) in 1966; participated in the National liberation War in 1971 as a Freedom Fighter; was elected as a Member of Parliament for four times (1991-1996, 1996-2001, 2008-2014 and 2014-2019).Was appointed as the Law Minister in 1996-2001 led by Awami League Government under the leadership of the Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina. He brought remarkable legal and judicial reform including the repeal of Indemnity Ordinance and thereby facilitating the trial of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman muder case, while he acted as the Law Minister.
- Law Secretary of the Central Committee of Bangladesh Awami League during 2009 -2016 ie, for the last 2 (two) terms.
- Chairman, Executive Committee, Bangladesh Bar Council.
- Commander of Freedom Fighters in the then undivided Burichong Thana in 1971.
- Former General Secretary and President Bangladesh Awami League in the Comilla District unit since 1992-1995.
- Formerly a member of the central committee Bangladesh Awami Jubo League for consecutive three terms since 1989.
- Former Member Parliamentary standing Committee for the Ministry of Disaster management and relief in the 5th Parliament of Bangladesh (1991-1995).
- Former Minister, Ministry of Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs, Government of the Peoples Republic of Bangladesh (1996-2001)
- Former Chairman of the National Legal Aid Committee while serving as Law Minister of Bangladesh
- Member of Parliament for 4 (four) terms 1991-1996, 1996-2001, 2008-2013 and 2014-2019.
- Ex-officio Chairman of the Human Right Committee while serving as the Law Minister.
- Former Director of the Bangladesh Apex Club (an international youngmens service club).
- Former joint secretary of Supreme Court Bar Association, Comilla Branch in 1982.
- Life member of the Bangladesh Red Crescent Society.
- Former Secretary General of the 5th Parliamentary Association for scouts Bangladesh.
- Chairman, Governing body of CCN University, Kotbari, Comilla.
- Former Chairman of the Parliamentary standing committee for Private members bill and proposals in the 9th Parliament (1991-1996) of Bangladesh.
- Former member of the executive Advisory committee of the 9th Bangladesh Parliament .
- Former member of the Parliamentary standing committee for the Ministry of Law . Justice,& Parliamentary standing committee of the 9th Parliament of Bangladesh.
- Former member of the Parliamentary standing committee for the Ministry of Energy and Mineral resources and was also a member of Committee on Rules of procedure of 9th Parliament of Bangladesh.
- Member, Standing Committee of ICAPP (International Conference of Asian Political Parties)
- Was elected Vice-President of the African –Asian Association legal consultative committee (AALCC) meeting held in Cairo, Egypt in 2000.
- Attended International conference in the Heague in 1993, as a member of the CWC on non-proliferation of chemical weapons ( ie, for elimination of chemical weapons from the face of the earth).
- Former member of a New York based organization namely, Parliamentarian Global Actions (PGA) during 1991-1996
- Senior Advisor and Deputy Director of Legal Affairs Committees of International Ecological Safety Collaborative Organisation (IESCO) meeting held in China in 2013.
- Attended in a meeting of the UN General Assembly (UNGA) meeting with the then Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
- In 1992 attended as a sole observer of the United States Presidential Election from Bangladesh.
- In 1994 attended in an international conference on the first International Scout Parliamentary Association held in Santiago, Chile.
- Attended A-Quds committee meeting in Casablanca, Morocco along with late lamented president Yeasir Arafat of Palestine and king of Morocco his excellency King Hasan.